Cracks in structures on mobile plant always occur, and left unmanaged will lead to failure of the structure. Cracks are therefore inspected and monitored regularly to 1) determine the rate of propagation and 2) to ensure that as they approach a critical length, a work-order is raised to fix the crack by welding or similar
Digitising this process involves capturing the crack information on your mobile device whether phone or tablet recording: –
- Crack Location – The location of the crack on the structure by marking it on an image or schematic
- Crack Length – Measuring and recording the length
- Maximum Length – Estimating the maximum length, it can get to, before it must be repaired
- Supporting Data – Capturing a few images and comments to illustrate this when being further analysed
This data is then automatically synced with the cloud database and will be available to the Reliability Engineers for further analysis.
Work Orders can be raised directly and include the details and images to assist the welders complete the repairs.
A database of crack information allows the cracks to be: –
- Propagation Rate – Traced over time to show their growth propagation rate
- Identify Weak Structural Areas – Shows common trends in incidence of cracks at various points on the structure thus allowing engineers to modify the design to achieve better structural integrity.
- Status of Cracks across Fleet – Allows the tracking of all cracks and their current status across the entire fleet
- Budget Cost – Enables the calculation of work and cost required based on the overall total length of cracks for each equipment across the fleet.
Digitizing the Crack Management Process improves the efficiency effectiveness and accuracy of collecting and processing the data, and then actioning through work orders.
If you are looking to Digitize this process, send an email to: Help@TrackTreads.com