Breathing New Life into Used Components
Many used components can be rebuilt several times over their life. Component Rebuild Specialists provide the rebuild services in their specific area of expertise. This means that for some large Fleet operators, their rebuild components can be shipped to multiple Service Providers. The Service Provider and the Client need a common platform to track progress, authorisation of extra services and compliance to specification of the work. Each of the rebuilds is kept as an audit trail and quality assurance guarantee against future failures.
The following main Functions covered in this system are: –
Step 1. Shipping Pre & Post Inspection
- Record of Components Shipped with images
- Components received at the Repairer with images
- Creates a shipping list with images for instant verification
- All available on your mobile device
Step 2. Diss-assembly
- All components are removed and cleaned
- Ready for detailed assessment
Step 3. Detailed Assessment of Component Condition
In this process, each part of the component is examined minutely, measurements taken of bores, alignments, cracks identified
- Each Bore is measured and compared to OEM Specification and tolerance.
- Bore alignments are checked against specification and tolerance
- Cracks are identified, gouged, and measured
- Wear material thickness is measured, and integrity checked
- Welds are assessed
Step 4. Development of a SOW including
This includes a complete detailed listing of all the work required, replacement parts required and associated costs: –
- Quantity of hours for each sub-component requiring attention
- Replacement Wear Material required
- Replacement parts list
- Crack lengths requiring welding
- Bores requiring weld rebuild and machining to new OEM specification
- Bores requiring machining re-alignment to new OEM specification
- Updates to chassis components to bring into line with current OEM standard
- Costs associated with each step of work
Authorisations can be set so that work will not commence until the client provides the authorisation. Email alerts can highlight authorisations
Step 5. Work in Progress Inspection and Reporting
- Inspections can be completed against each sub-component indicating % completion.
- All of the individual component % completion flows to the dashboard as an overall project % completion.
- Multiple images and comments can be included against each component
- Inspections captured using mobile phone or tablet in the workshop
- The entire project is summarised to the dashboard for overall review
- Alerts are raised where attention or authorisations are required
- Email alerts can be included for further notifications
Key Attributes and Benefits of the Component Rebuild Centre
- Work to a standard template for each rebuild ensuring consistency.
- Track failed Iron
- Standardised digital data collection save time and administration, makes production of progress reports and final reports a breeze.
- Customer portal allows better visibility to all invested parties, to review detailed images, transparent detail of SOW and simple and online authorizations.
- Improve Warranty claims with the historical audit trail of work completed, by whom and to what standards.
- The detail Rebuild Instruction for each component guarantees the component is rebuilt to OEM specifications. This reduces labour costs and turnaround time for each rebuild.
- Transparent Quality assurance throughout each step of the rebuild process
- Increases operational efficiency by reducing transcription of data, intensifies quality and accuracy of the data and reports and reduces human error.
- Quality assurance checks