This is the last inspection completed just before the components are replaced. This inspection should never be missed by the inspectors.
When the End point % worn is recorded on a component, this allows:
- This enables a true cost per hour to be calculated for the component
- Can calculate the true performance of the undercarriage over its life
- It shows signs of how the undercarriage component failed or failure mode
- It shows what % of the component’s remaining life is being thrown away – lost $’s
- When compared with the other components making up the undercarriage set, it’s a good indicator of how well the undercarriage has been managed over its life
- It will also indicate whether the selected components are suitable for the application.
These are just some of the reasons to complete the last inspection and to learn whatever lessons are available from this brief analysis